The winter holiday season has arrived! These yearly festivities are a wonderful time to celebrate with family and friends. Do the tasty treats at holiday gatherings ever challenge your waistline or blood sugar level? You’re not alone! A little menu planning will help you enjoy your holiday favorites without wrecking your health.
We’ve put together a list of our favorite healthy recipes that you can feel good about eating, many of them straight from the kitchens of our students and graduates. We encourage you to bookmark this page and share it with friends and families throughout the holiday season. Whatever your dietary preference, there’s a little something for everyone to enjoy! There are over 100 holiday recipes below including Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Season and even New Year’s Eve. Happy Holidays from Transformative Nutrition! Enjoy…
Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
There’s definitely much to be grateful for in this healthy Thanksgiving menu! A slow-roasted, free-range, organic turkey is the main event, but there are plenty of delicious and filling options here for those who don’t eat meat.
1. Best Roast Turkey 2. Turkey Gravy with Porcini Mushrooms 3. Ginger Cranberry Sauce 4. Fall Harvest Spinach Salad 5. Rosemary and Goat Cheese Mashed Sweet Potatoes 6. Millet, Bulgur, and Chestnut Stuffing 7. Butternut Squash and Sage Soup 8. Garlic Sherry Mushrooms 9. Warm Thanksgiving Kale and Squash Salad 10. Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup 11. Cauliflower Millet Mash 12. Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Vanilla Glaze 13. Healthier Cranberry Wassail 14. No Bake Easy Peach Cobbler 15. Gluten Free Apple Crumble 16. Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream 17. Spiced Pumpkin Latte
Healthy Hanukkah Recipes
Hanukkah is essentially a celebration of oil, so the abundance of fried foods can be a challenge during this holiday. Here are healthy versions of some classic Hanukkah recipes, and remember – Jewish tradition favors olive oil, which is great for you in moderation!
18. Gluten-Free Beef Brisket 19. Bundt Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables 20. Vegetable Laktes 21. Fig and Olive Chicken 22. Kasha Varnishkes 23. Healthy Sweet Kugel 24. Maple Roasted Apples & Brussels Sprouts 25. Winter Squash & Chicken Tzimmes 26. Homemade Apple Sauce 27. Broccoli Potato Kugel 28. Spinach Pomegranate Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette 29. Baked Stuffed Peppers 30. Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf with Sweet Potato 31. Sweet Potato Latkes 32. Baked Sufganiyot 33. Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake 34. Apple Honey Challah
Healthy Christmas Recipes
Loved ones from near and far come together for Christmas, and a house full of hungry guests can make it hard to please everyone. From a delicious halibut entrée to holiday ‘nog with a healthy twist, we’ve stocked our menu with a variety of dishes.
35. Honey Macadamia Halibut 36. Glazed Ham with Guinness, Mustard, & Marmalade 37. Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms 38. Squash-Spiked Mashed Potatoes 39. Kale with Walnuts and Cranberries 40. Wild Mushroom Soup 41. Roasted Vegetable Galette with Olives 42. Roasted Beet and Blood Orange Salad 43. Raw Holiday Nutloaf 44. Fresh Green Bean Casserole 45. Warm Maple Spinach and Endive Salad 46. No Cook Cranberry Salad 47. Raw Holiday “CousCous” 48. Wheatberry Salad 49. Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms 50. Sweet Potato and Apple Pie 51. Winter Sauce 52. Homemade Chai Tea 53. Raw Honey Mulled Wine 54. Coconut Oil Eggnog
Healthy Kwanzaa Recipes
This weeklong celebration of Pan-African culture ends with a New Year’s Eve feast that fuses African flavors with Deep South favorites. These Kwanzaa recipes put a healthy culinary spin on traditional soul food!
55. Stove Top Stewed Jerk Chicken with Pan Roasted Aubergines 56. Honey Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken 57. Stewed Okra and Tomatoes with Andouille Sausage 58. Tomato Peanut Stew with Collards 59. Red Beans and Chicken with Wild Rice 60. Roasted Garlic Grits 61. Seared Sea Scallops with Collard Greens 62. Hot and Spicy Jambalaya 63. Kale with Red Pepper and Bacon 64. Chicken, Andouille, and Shrimp Gumbo 65. Southern Black Eyed Peas 66. Fermented Corn Bread 67. Black Bean & Sweet Potato Stew 68. Tricolor Salad with Creamy Raspberry Dressing 69. Sweet Potato Pie
Healthy New Year’s Eve Recipes
Start 2013 on a delicious and healthy note with these great-tasting New Year’s Eve recipes! This assortment of appetizers and side dishes is great for a party to ring in the New Year, and the booster smoothie will kick you into gear the next morning.
70. Cider-Braised Chicken 71. Whiskey-Glazed Carrots 72. Shrimp With Spiced Cocktail Sauce 73. Carrot Cake with Vanilla Whipped Cream Frosting 74. Shallot Fig Spread 75. Spicy Leek Meatballs 76. Eggplant Foccacia 77. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Herb Mushroom Sauce 78. Gluten Free Pine Nut Stuffed Mushrooms 79. Maple-Rosemary Glazed Walnuts 80. Olive Cheese Bread 81. Black Rice Salad with Snow Crab Cocktail Claws 82. Asparagus and Truffle Oil Risotto 83. Cleansing Kale Salad 84. Almond Flour Biscuits 85. Raspberry Champagne Punch 86. The Healthy New Year Booster Smoothie
Healthy Winter Season Recipes
Want a wholesome bowl of soup to warm you up during the cold months? Craving the nutritious and delicious root vegetables that are in season during this time of year? Check out these healthy recipes that are sure to please your family throughout the holiday season.
87. Acorn Squash Lasagna 88. Pumpkin Raisin Quinoa Porridge 89. Mushroom and Apple Quinoa 90. Pumpkin Soft Serve Ice Cream 91. Maple Mustard Cider Vinaigrette 92. Hearty Winter Minestrone Soup 93. Butternut Squash Soup 94. Sweetly Spiced Butternut Squash 95. Cranberry Spinach Quinoa Salad 96. Raw Chilled Holiday Nog 97. Raw Holiday Fudge 98. Creamy Red Lentil Soup with Lemon Tahini Drizzle 99. Sweet Potato Turnip Mash 100. Butternut Squash Risotto 101. Sweet Potato and Pinto Bean Chili 102. Pumpkin Spice Cake with Chocolate Walnut Crumble 103. Chickpea Pot Pie 104. Cashew Cake Batter Pudding 105. Lemon Lentil Stew
Have a favorite recipe of your own? I would love for you to share it below. Transformative Nutrition wishes you a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!
Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk. Schedule an initial consultation with me today.